Author Topic: Out of the Loop?  (Read 6263 times)

voodoohex

• View Profile
Out of the Loop?
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »
Hello all,

I am a new member of the forum, but a long-time fan of this R* franchise.  I stumbled upon GTAIV SA while surfing and am highly interested in participating with this beta.  However, I have a slight problem; after downloading the beta via uTorrent and opening the setup page, installation prompts the "Folder Preparation" command(s).  Here I selected "Copy my existing GTA folder and prepare the copy" and am given two files to copy from and to respectively.  Once I select next again the Setup Wizard reads:

GTA IV or EFLC could not be found in the current directory.  Please ensure you've installed GTA IV: San Andreas to the correct folder.

I've completed my download for the beta/patch as well as viewed the file in my downloads folder and still am having no success.  If anyone can steer me in the right direction, it would be immensely appreciated.  I feel as if I'm out of the loop and am missing out on an extreme gaming experience.  Please help anybody!!!

Maxaxle

• View Profile
Re: Out of the Loop?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:44:16 PM »
Hello all,

I am a new member of the forum, but a long-time fan of this R* franchise.  I stumbled upon GTAIV SA while surfing and am highly interested in participating with this beta.  However, I have a slight problem; after downloading the beta via uTorrent and opening the setup page, installation prompts the "Folder Preparation" command(s).  Here I selected "Copy my existing GTA folder and prepare the copy" and am given two files to copy from and to respectively.  Once I select next again the Setup Wizard reads:

GTA IV or EFLC could not be found in the current directory.  Please ensure you've installed GTA IV: San Andreas to the correct folder.

I've completed my download for the beta/patch as well as viewed the file in my downloads folder and still am having no success.  If anyone can steer me in the right direction, it would be immensely appreciated.  I feel as if I'm out of the loop and am missing out on an extreme gaming experience.  Please help anybody!!!
If you're using the regular GTA IV, then direct the installer to C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA IV (or something like that), and if that doesn't work, then direct it to the GTA IV folder INSIDE the GTA IV folder. If you're using the Steam version, both GTA IV folders will be under Steamapps\Common (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common).

voodoohex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
The only folder that I have available is the C:\Users\User\Downloads\[GTAIVSA.com] GTA IV San Andreas Beta 1 which contains the IVSASetup folder.  Inside the IVSASetup folder are the IVSALicense, IVSAReadMe and the IVSASetup files.  Is it possible that I am missing a component to start the game?  Do I need to transfer a prior GTA SA profile from the PS2 to enable me to play? 

Also, after downloading the file from uTorrent it has been a considerable amount of time since completion (perhaps 36 hours).  As of now the file hasn't stopped seeding but has only reached a ratio of .56.  I checked the upload speed recently and it has dropped dramatically, almost to 0.0 kB/s!  Is  there a reason why this seeding process' duration is so extended?  Thank you for the feedback, any help will do right now. 

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
The only folder that I have available is the C:\Users\User\Downloads\[GTAIVSA.com] GTA IV San Andreas Beta 1 which contains the IVSASetup folder.  Inside the IVSASetup folder are the IVSALicense, IVSAReadMe and the IVSASetup files.  Is it possible that I am missing a component to start the game?  Do I need to transfer a prior GTA SA profile from the PS2 to enable me to play? 

Also, after downloading the file from uTorrent it has been a considerable amount of time since completion (perhaps 36 hours).  As of now the file hasn't stopped seeding but has only reached a ratio of .56.  I checked the upload speed recently and it has dropped dramatically, almost to 0.0 kB/s!  Is  there a reason why this seeding process' duration is so extended?  Thank you for the feedback, any help will do right now.
1. Seeding is weird, don't ask me how it works. Or maybe there's no demand for the torrent right now.
2. All you need is a legal copy of GTA IV and/or Episodes From Liberty City and some patience.